1.0 Executive Summary
The Traditional Home-Style Restaurant (“THR”) will be a moderately priced 86 seat restaurant offering family style food and service. Broasted chicken, pot roast, steaks and pork chops along with classic hamburgers, wraps and generous salads are all on the menu. We will offer specialty selections including a lighter options and smaller portions for a children’s menu.
The restaurant will be family owned and operated by Jeff and Betty Wright. Together they have over 25+ collective years experience in the restaurant and catering industry.
The Wrights will be leasing a 3,400 square foot space located at West Roads Shopping Center, an existing retail center located in Benbrook, a suburb in Fort Worth, Texas. The site was previously leased as an Italian Restaurant. Although the location was previously utilized as a restaurant, the former tenant removed the majority of the furniture, fixtures and equipment which will need to be replaced. The location will also require some additional renovation to update the lavatories and increase table space in the dining area.
The décor will feature wood accented chairs with blue and white checked table cloths. Dinner style tables will be surrounded by wooden chairs with comfortable seating cushions.
Sales projections assume 1700 customers per week resulting in weekly sales of just over $19,777, or $1,028,000 annually. This equates to around $302 per square foot in sales annually which positions THR as a highly desirable concept for ownership in a table service market where $200 to $325 per square foot is considered moderately profitable and therefore a good investment. Total start up costs will be $363,000, $174,000 of which will be contributed by the owners and the remainder will be secured by a proposed bank loan.
1.1 Business Objectives
The primary objectives of the business plan for Restaurant are below:
- To be the premier home-style restaurant in western Fort Worth, Texas
- To provide quality meals at reasonable prices with exemplary service
- Achieve Cover ratios of 1.00X at each lunch and dinner serving
- To achieve Prime Cost Ratios lower than 65%
1.2 Mission Statement
Our Mission is to provide a unique and relaxing dining experience – similar to dining at home. We will strive to achieve this goal by: 1) by providing menu items incorporating quality ingredients at reasonable prices, and 2) we will be mindful of the well being of our customers and staff– treating each and everyone with dignity and respect – just like we would at our own home!
1.3 Guiding Principles
- Being Mindful of our Customers and our Staff
Coinciding with our family values, we will treat both our customers and staff in a manner in which we ourselves would want to be treated (or better!).
“An attitude of gratitude” shown to our customers, employees and vendors – because without their input, service, labor and time, our business would not be here without them!
- Our Service
Provide the warm and friendly service expected from a family-style restaurant creating an informal, comfortable environment which will make the customers satisfied and want to return again and again.
1.4 Keys to Success
- Repeat business. Every customer who comes in once should want to return, and recommend us. Word–of–mouth marketing is a powerful ally.
- Hire top notch chefs and offer training to keep the chef on top of his/her game, and pay top wages to ensure they stay with us.
- Location. Convenience is essential to us; we need to be close to our market because we are not trying to get people to travel to reach us.
- A variety of menu offerings with a “down home” theme, reasonably priced to establish credibility, but not so high as to limit customers.
- Next >>