POWER OF ATTORNEY – GENERAL
(Note: Rules regarding legal sufficiency of a power of attorney vary by state. Please consult your state rules and have the form reviewed by a lawyer in your state regarding additional language, witness signatures, and notary requirements.)
1. I, [INSERT NAME and ADDRESS] the undersigned hereby make, constitute and appoint [INSERT NAME and ADDRESS] as my attorney-in-fact to act for me in any lawful way. My attorney-in-fact shall have full power and authority to undertake and perform all of my affairs and to exercise all of my legal rights and powers, including all rights and powers that I may acquire in the future. My attorney-in-fact’s powers shall include, but not be limited to, the power to:
[INSERT MATTER FOR WHICH POWER OF ATTORNEY IS BEING USED]
2. This Power of Attorney is effective immediately and will continue until I revoke it.
2. This Power of Attorney shall be effective on the date of [INSERT DATE]. This Power of Attorney shall terminate on the date of [INSERT DATE], unless I revoke it sooner. I may at any time or by any manner revoke this Power of Attorney.
3. This Power of Attorney [WILL OR WILL NOT] continue to be effective even though I become incapacitated.
4. This Power of Attorney shall be governed by the State of [INSERT STATE].
Signed this __________ day of ______________________, __________.
(Your Social Security number)
State of ________________________, County of _________________________, USA